Vacancy: Customer Service Assistant (Seasonal)
We have a vacancy in our small, friendly team. If you’re passionate about food and drink, and prepared to work hard to give our customers a great shopping experience, then we want to hear from you.
If you read the information below and decide it could be for you, then download and fill in the application form and drop it into the shop, post it to Independent Food & Drink, 34 Main Street, Seahouses, Northumberland, NE58 7RQ, or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, feel free to contact us.
Customer Service Assistant
- Serve customers in a friendly, efficient and accurate manner. This includes operating tills, packing bags and advising on products
- Deal with any ad hoc requests and orders using the system that’s in place
- Keep all product displays looking well stocked and in good order
- Ensure all signage is accurate and appropriately displayed
- Keep all front-of-house areas clean and tidy
- Assist with deliveries – this includes unloading vans and filling shelves, some heavy lifting involved
- Present a professional and friendly image of the business at all times
- Handle any complaints/disputes that might arise in a professional manner, according to shop policy
- Carry out any other reasonable requests from management
Full training in the above will be given.
Physically able to carry loads of up to 25kg
Numerate and literate
Polite, friendly and enthusiastic
Punctual, reliable and hard-working
Able to take in and retain new information quickly and accurately
Able to work weekends
Full driving license
Interest in, and knowledge of, food and drink, cooking and baking
Experience working in a retail or catering environment
Terms of Employment
This is a seasonal position for 4 days a week from April until the end of September, with the possibility of an extension beyond that, to be reviewed at the time. You must be available to work over weekends. There may be the possibility of some supervisor shifts for the right candidate.